Compare prices from the names you trust.
Saving money on car insurance has never been this easy.
We search for your lowest rates from over 50 insurers.
You select your best quote from the options available to you.
We secure your rate
We connect you to the company to secure your selected rate.
Cheaper car insurance in Barrie
Auto insurance is required by law to drive, but it's not the law to stick to one insurance company. Car insurance rates often change in Ontario, and Barrie is no exception to this. If you're questioning what you pay for your car insurance, we can help you pay less. Compare Barrie car insurance quotes today at Kanetix.ca for the lowest price. It's simple, secure and free.
Rates change four times a year as the Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO) reviews, approves and publishes the latest changes every quarter. That means that great rate you got last year may have changed this year. Let us help you keep track of your car insurance rates in Barrie with the Kanetix.ca Car Insurance Rate Tracker.
Real rates for real customers.
What your auto insurance policy covers
Your car insurance policy is made up of the following mandatory and optional coverages.
- Accident benefits: If you're injured in an accident, this coverage can include medical and rehabilitation costs, funeral expenses, death benefits, as well as income replacement.
- Third party liability: If you're held legally responsible for a collision that causes injury or damage to a third party, this coverage helps with the legal claim. The minimum amount of coverage is $200,000, although most drivers take at least $1 million.
- Direct compensation - Property damage: This provides coverage for damage to your car and any property inside the car as a result of an automobile accident in which you are not-at-fault.
- Uninsured motorist coverage: This component of the standard Ontario auto insurance policy provides coverage for you and your family if you are injured or killed by hit-and-run driver or by a driver who is not insured.
- Collision: This covers damage to your vehicle as a result of an impact or collision with another vehicle or object.
- Comprehensive: This insures your car against damage caused by events like theft and vandalism.
Both of these optional coverages typically come with a deductible. A deductible is the portion of an insurance claim you agree to pay. Your deductible will factor into how your auto insurance rate is calculated; a higher deductible generally means a lower rate.
What affects the rate you pay for car insurance in Barrie?If you call Barrie home, you may be able to take advantage of cheaper car insurance rates due to the small nature of the city located outside the Greater Toronto Area. This is because when you have fewer cars on the roads, there are fewer accidents. Where you live is always considered when rates are calculated. The possibilities of car theft and getting into accidents or collisions are risks that insurance advisors and brokers examine carefully before providing a customer with a car insurance quote.
Other factors considered include:
- Your commute: Having a longer commute to work may increase your premium since you're on the road for longer periods of time, which is a risk factor to insurers. Those who work closer to home not only save on time, but also save on their premiums. The same goes for those who use public transit.
- Your driving history: Auto insurance premiums are typically adjusted accordingly based on your past driving behaviour including all accidents, infractions, tickets or charges on your record. For those with impeccable driving performance, this can definitely help to keep your insurance costs down.
- The car you drive: Car insurance premiums are generated with vehicle model and year in mind as different cars have higher theft rates than others and repair costs may fluctuate significantly depending on the vehicle. Safety ratings may also be considered.
If you're shopping around for a new vehicle, you'll want to consider the cost of insurance for your choices. We offer a great tool to help compare car insurance quotes for multiple vehicles, side by side.
How to lower your car insurance rates in Barrie
Investing in safety not only gives you peace of mind, but it can also help lower your premiums.
Drivers in Ontario who buy and install four winter tires in November and keep them on until April can save up to 5 per cent on their premium.
Insurers may also give you a small discount if you use some form of roadside assistance or driver assistance system, so if you haven't considered it before, it might be worth looking looking into for added savings and safety.
When doing business with an insurance company, you should always ask for appropriate discounts as you choose a policy. Things such as driver training courses, being a retiree, or even enrollment in certain groups, associations, or road-side assistance programs can make you eligible for additional savings.
Many people let their car insurance automatically renew each year, without checking to see if there are better rates out there. Comparing rates regularly is important if you want to ensure you're getting the best price for your coverage. Not only should you compare rates when it's time to renew, but also if you've recently experienced some life changes that could affect your rate.
Life changes could include the following:
- getting married
- getting divorced
- changing jobs
- buying a new car
- adding drivers to your policy (like your child)
- getting a ticket
- being involved in a collision
Kanetix.ca has proudly served Canadians with over 7,000,000 competitive insurance quotes over the past 17 years.
Not ready to shop for insurance today?Set a renewal reminder and we'll let you know when it's time to save.
Top 10 Most Stolen Vehicles in Canada
Dec 13, 2017
This year's list of the most stolen cars in Canada is out. The list, published annually by the IBC, reveals the most stolen cars in Canada. Is your car a favourite target of thieves?
#ParkingFails Caught on Camera
Dec 5, 2017
I admit it. Parking is not what I excel at and it turns out, I’m not the only one who struggles with it. A few months back, I came across this picture-perfect parking job near the Kanetix.ca offices. We’re located in downtown Toronto where parking is at a premium—pun intended—and I thought my colleagues would
Streetcar is King of the Road
Nov 21, 2017
King Street Transit Pilot has Toronto drivers seeking alternative east-west routes. To curb traffic congestion on Toronto’s busiest TTC surface route, the city’s King Street Transit Pilot kicked off November 12, 2017 and is now in full swing. The pilot will run for one year and will affect all areas along King between Bathurst Street