Looking For An Adrenaline Rush? 10 Places to Get Extreme This Summer
There is no better time than summer to de-stress, enjoy the great outdoors and partake in some heart-pounding, adrenaline-pumping activities.
Get your adrenaline fix right here in Canada's own backyard. These activities are all fairly inexpensive and many offer discounted rates for groups, so grab some family members and friends and get extreme.
Here are 10 places to get your thrills in Canada.
Do something extreme this summer!
These 10 activities may be out of your comfort zone, but that’s what makes them more exciting. After all, everyone has to live on the edge every now and then. The following activities will take you there and then push you farther, while also giving you the opportunity to see some of the most beautiful scenery Canada has to offer.
1. Go bungee jumping in Whistler. Voted on by locals as one of the most extreme activities in Whistler, Whistler Bungee will provide you with an exhilarating and unforgettable experience by jumping 160 feet over the Cheakamus River.
2. Paraglide over Vernon, British Columbia. Paraglide Canada offers tandem flights with a certified instructor. Flights last between 10 and 30 minutes, depending on weather conditions, and can be either mild or wild, the choice is yours! The best way to see British Columbia is to fly over it with a paraglide.
3. Go on a white water adventure in Ottawa. Tackle the Ottawa River with RiverRun Rafting. RiverRun is not only a premier rafting destination, but a world-class resort as well. There are different river trips to suit your excitement level, from gentle family rafting to high-adventure rafting. This is an incredible adventure you don't want to miss.
4. Visit one of Vancouver’s most popular tourist attractions. There’s so much to see and do at Capilano Suspension Bridge Park, including walking across the infamous Capilano Suspension Bridge. The bridge stretches 450 feet across and 230 feet above the Capilano River. Once you’ve conquered the bridge, take on the Cliffwalk, the newest addition at Capilano Suspension Bridge Park.
5. Parasail above Kelowna and Lake Okanagan. With Ogopogo Parasail you’re able to get a bird’s eye view of Kelowna and reach heights of up to 100 meters. Parasailing is a fun activity for the whole family and requires no previous experience. Make sure you bring your waterproof camera.
6. Zip line in Whistler. Superfly Zip lines, located in Whistler’s backcountry, has side-by-side zip lines. These ziplines are two of the longest and fastest zip lines in Canada. They are one kilometer long, 500 feet in the air, and reach speeds of 100 km/h.
7. Go off-roading in Ontario. Rent an ATV with Back Country Tours and take an unforgettable guided ATV tour of either Muskoka or Haliburton’s majestic backcountry. Previous ATV experience isn’t required as riders are given a riding lesson prior to heading out. This is a great way to get up close and personal with Ontario’s nature and wildlife!
8. Explore the shallow water shipwrecks in Tobermory. Also known as “Canada’s Scuba Diving and Snorkeling Capital.” You can dive and snorkel in Lake Huron and Georgian Bay and explore over 20 shipwrecks, some of which sank over 100 years ago.
9. Deep-sea fish in PEI. Go on a deep-sea fishing excursion and gain a whole new appreciation for fresh seafood. There are a variety of deep-sea fishing charters to suit your level of adventure and choice of fish. From mackerel to giant Bluefin tuna and even sharks, PEI has it all! For a list of deep-sea fishing charters visit, the Tourism PEI website.
10. Soar above Quebec City in a hot air balloon. Although this is considered an extreme activity, you may actually find it soothing as you fly high above Quebec City taking in all of the sights. Hot air balloon rides are also fun for the whole family!
Canada is yours to discover. This summer, take advantage of all that Canada has to offer. Make this summer a summer to remember!
Win A Chance To Explore Canada
If you have friends or family visiting Canada this summer, you could win a $5,000 travel voucher to explore Canada. Simply complete a Visitors to Canada travel insurance quote at Kanetix.ca between July 6, 2015 and August 31, 2015 and eligible Canadians will be automatically entered into a draw to win a $5,000 travel voucher from Kanetix.ca and GMS. Terms and conditions apply.