Compare prices from the names you trust.
Saving money on car insurance has never been this easy.
We search for your lowest rates from over 50 insurers.
You select your best quote from the options available to you.
We secure your rate
We connect you to the company to secure your selected rate.
An easy way to save on car insurance in Brampton
Everyone knows that you need car insurance to drive; it's the law. What you don't need is to overpay for it and you can avoid this by shopping around. Shopping around is key because rates often change and the company who gave you the best rate last time you got auto insurance may not be the company who will give you the best rate this year.
Rates change frequently, about every three months. The Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO) reviews and approves the latest changes on a quarterly basis.
Real rates for real customers.
The basics of your car insurance policy
Your car insurance policy is made up of some mandatory coverages, things like:
- Accident benefits: Accident Benefits covers the people in a vehicle in the event of injury. Coverage can include medical and rehabilitation costs, funeral expenses, death benefits, as well as income replacement.
- Uninsured motorist coverage: This component of the standard Ontario auto insurance policy provides coverage for you and your family if you are in an accident and injured or killed by hit-and-run driver or by a driver who is not insured.
- Third party liability: Third Party Liability coverage pays for a legal claim against the policyholder in the event that they are responsible (whether wholly or partially) for a collision that causes injury or damage to a third party. The minimum limit requirement is $200,000 although most drivers go with at least $1 million.
- Direct compensation - Property damage: This component of your policy provides coverage for damage to your car and any property inside the car as a result of an automobile accident in which you are not-at-fault.
Your car insurance policy is also made up of optional coverages, the most common being:
- Collision: This covers damage to your vehicle as a result of an impact or collision with another vehicle or object.
- Comprehensive: This insures your car against damage caused by events like theft and vandalism.
Both of these optional coverages typically come with a deductible. A deductible is the portion of an insurance claim you agree to pay and generally the higher the deductible you choose the lower your car insurance rate.
What goes into your Brampton auto insurance rate?
The average age of drivers in Brampton shopping for car insurance at Kanetix.ca is 38 and male drivers shopping around (69%) far outnumber their female counterparts (31%). Brampton residents who shop around for auto insurance should expect the following factors, among others, to be used in determining car insurance rates:
- Where you live: Motorists that reside in Canada`s ninth largest city, face the same driving challenges and conditions experienced by drivers elsewhere in the GTA. The traffic and sheer number of drivers on the road all play a role; more drivers equal more cars which translates into more chances of being in a collision or even theft. Car insurance in urban neighbourhoods is generally more expensive than in rural areas.
- Your commute: Brampton drivers are a prominent part of the Greater Toronto area and this will be reflected in car insurance costs. Naturally, working closer to home or choosing to use public transportation will help reduce insurance rates.
- The car you drive: As you know, the vehicle model you drive is directly tied to the cost of insurance you pay. Many drivers actually select cars knowing that insurance providers use this information to figure out the insurance premiums to charge. Often safety ratings, repair costs and even the likelihood of theft are factored into the rate you pay.
- Your driving history: It should be of no surprise that your driving record is of importance to car insurance companies when determining insurance premiums. Past driving behaviour, accidents, infractions, tickets or charges will count against you when the insurance rate is being composed. Those with clean driving records, as you`d expect, should end up saving on insurance costs than those with a less than perfect driving record. Based on Kanetix.ca data, about 62 per cent of Brampton drivers have had at least one car accident, as reported while obtaining their auto insurance quotes. Significantly less (42%), have reported getting at least one ticket.
When filling in information while shopping for the lowest rates and Kanetix.ca, Brampton drivers list the Honda Civic as the most popular car followed by the Toyota Corolla. In third place is the Honda Accord followed by the Mazda3, and Toyota Camry reported as the fourth and fifth most popular models.
Other ways you can pay less for insurance
A majority of Kanetix.ca customers from Brampton (85%) have winter tires and take advantage of the discount offered by insurers province-wide to motorists who buy and install four winter tires in November and keep them on until April. Since introducing this measure, the Ontario government has helped thousands of drivers to save up to 5 per cent on their auto insurance rates and increase road safety.
Many insurance companies also offer a discount to drivers enrolled in some type of roadside assistance program. Drivers in Brampton are comfortable with the idea, as 34 per cent of car insurance shoppers mention that they use roadside assistance programs.
Don't be shy, it's your money. For example, did you know those who hold multiple policies with the same insurance provider are in line to receive a hefty discount? Auto insurance firms agree and use this sound business practice to encourage customers to combine different types of policies under the same provider. It's a great way to save five to 15 per cent off your premiums. In Brampton, more than half (57%) are willing to take advantage of multi-line discount plans.
When shopping for auto insurance, there are other discounts to inquire about before signing up. You will discover that savings are available for those who complete driver training courses. Additionally, installing better safety and security features on your vehicle, belonging to certain organizations and being retired let drivers rack up further discounts.
Compare rates annually at renewal, but also if your situation changes like when you get married (or divorced), move, buy a new car, add drivers to your policy (like your teen), get a ticket, are involved in a collision, change jobs or retire. These are all ideal times when you should shop around to see if a lower car insurance rate can be had.
Kanetix.ca has proudly served Canadians with over 7,000,000 competitive insurance quotes over the past 17 years.
Not ready to shop for insurance today?Set a renewal reminder and we'll let you know when it's time to save.
Ontario Car Insurance Rates Have Increased
Jan 15, 2018
Ontario car insurance rates have increased. According to the Financial Services Commission of Ontario, car insurance rates for many Ontario drivers will be going up at renewal, instead of down. See how much your rates could be going up the next time you get your renewal documents.
Breaking Bad Habits for Good: Auto Renewing Your Car Insurance
Jan 12, 2018
In the world of car insurance, the best time of year for drivers is renewal time. It's the time of year when you can easily switch auto insurance providers, for any reason. Yet many drivers allow their policy to auto renew, which may seem convenient at the time but can end up being a costly mistake.
Ready to Plug-In for Lower Insurance Premiums?
Jan 5, 2018
From auto insurance to life insurance and everything in between, would you be willing to share additional information with your insurance provider if it could help you lower your insurance premiums? The type of information, for example, that is gleaned from technology that you may already be using, like Fitbit, OnStar, Google Assistant, or Siri?