As the warm weather approaches, so does the car buying season in Canada. Usually beginning in March and ending in the fall, Canadians appear to buy vehicles-new cars and used cars-according to the temperature. After all, who wants to wander around a car dealership lot browsing in -20°C weather?
It is no surprise then, that the Canada car insurance policy season closely mirrors the car buying season.
According to Kanetix.ca auto insurance shoppers in 2012, most were looking for a policy start date that fell during the warmer months:
- 27.1% in the spring months (March, April, May)
- 25.6% in the summer (June, July, August)
- 25.7% in the fall (September, October, November)
- 21.6% in the harsh, cold winter months
When does your next auto insurance policy expire?
Chances are your policy will expire during the warm weather months. When your policy is up for renewal, will you simply renew with your current insurer? Or, will you shop around to make sure you're getting the best auto insurance price?
Auto insurance rates fluctuate from year-to-year and the insurer who at one time offered you the best car insurance rate, may not be the right fit for you on renewal. Compare auto insurance quotes a month or two before your policy expires to give yourself plenty of time. It's the only way to make sure you are not overpaying for the auto insurance coverage you need.
Not sure it's worth it?
The following are just a few testimonials from people, like yourself, who wrote in to tell us how much they saved. Could you save too?
- "I just wanted to thank you guys for the service. I was forwarded to ____ today and after discussing the quote with them I wound up saving a total of $1100 on my combined home and auto insurance. I will be checking with Kanetix next year again when it comes time to renew. " Jason - Ontario - March, 2013
- "You've saved me 250$ a year on my car insurance! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK." Paul - New Brunswick - March 2013
- "I can't thank you enough, because of your e-mail I have saved over 100.00 per month on my car insurance." Gary - Ontario - October, 2012
Looking to buy a new or used car?