You can compare prices from the names you trust.
You can search and compare multiple insurance quotes in minutes.
You can find rates from over 50 top insurance providers.
Select the best quote from the rates available to you.
Secure your rate
Get connected to the insurance provider with the rate you want and secure it!
Shop online for your vintage, custom or antique auto insurance
Classic car insurance is a legal requirement if you want to take a particularly special and older car on the road. Antique or specialty car owners may only drive their car occasionally or as a hobby, so it’s important to get covered at the right price.
You can compare classic car insurance quotes on Kanetix.ca for one-stop shopping
If you own a classic vehicle, why not take a minute a get a quote through our system? Our classic car quoter may be exactly the specialized tool you've been looking for to get lower quotes.
At Kanetix.ca, we provide insurance quotes for any type of classic or collector vehicle: from your 1930 Ford Model A Pick-up Truck, to your 62 Ruby Red Volkswagen Beetle, and even your noisy custom car, as long as it meets a few basic requirements.
Classic car insurance requirements
The key is limited usage, which means the car cannot be driven daily, and the appraised value of the vehicle must be less than $150, 000. For our purposes, antique cars and classic cars are defined as 25 years and older, while hobby and collector cars (some modified and custom automobiles) are defined as 15 to 24 years old.
Classic car insurance generally takes certain factors into account such as your age, driving history and location, whether your car is a standard build or has been modified in some way, the age of the car, and the number of kilometres you drive during the year. All drivers must have at least 10 years of driving experience, and you may need to have a daily vehicle insured under a separate policy. Some policies are taken on an "agreed value basis" - meaning you as a policyholder and the insurance company must agree on the estimated value of the car when you take out the policy. The insurer may even offer a classic car evaluation.
Not ready to shop for insurance today?Set a renewal reminder and we'll let you know when it's time to save.
How Likely are Canadians to Lay on the Horn When Traffic Issues Arise?
Sep 17, 2018
A recent Kanetix.ca survey has found that 46 per cent of Canadians are horn happy. This is the number who said they were likely to use their vehicle's horn to voice their disapproval of <i>any</i> traffic-related issue. That leaves 54 per cent who said they're more likely to watch what's going on around them in silent displeasure. Which way do you lean?
Does Driving High Mean You're Driving Impaired?
Sep 12, 2018
For the last several decades, any talk about impaired driving has mostly centred on drunk driving. Since the federal government first introduced the bill to legalize cannabis in the country, however, the conversation has turned to focus on drug-impaired driving as well.
When It's More than Just a Shower: Storm Damage and Your Insurance
Sep 10, 2018
Severe thunderstorms—damaging wind gusts, hail and torrential rain—seem to be increasingly common, and when they cause damage to your home or auto will you be covered?