You can compare prices from 50+ providers to find your lowest car insurance rates
Get a great selection of Edmonton auto insurance rates in just a few minutes
After you tell us a bit about your driving history and the car you drive, we search for the best rates for you.
We give you a list of the best auto rates available in Edmonton.
We secure your rate
Pick the price you want and give us a call! We'll connect you to the insurer so you can lock in your rate.
Save Today on Your Edmonton Car Insurance
Love your car but hate how much your Edmonton auto insurance costs? We can help! At Kanetix.ca we’ll search for your lowest auto insurance rate so that you can pay less for the coverage you need. Our service is completely free to use and the quotes you see are the same you would get if you went to each insurance provider individually. But why bother getting just one quote from them, when you can get quotes from many of Alberta’s best-known and recognizable insurers in the same amount of time with us? We do just that, at Kanetix.ca.
You have nothing to lose, only money to save, when you compare auto insurance quotes at Kanetix.ca. We shop the Edmonton auto insurance market, so you can be confident in what you’re paying.
No matter where you live in the country, if you ask a driver how much they pay for their auto insurance, they reply: too much. And Edmonton drivers are no different. The good news is, that with Kanetix.ca we’ll search for your lowest Edmonton auto insurance rate. There’s no need to go anywhere else!
According Alberta’s Automobile Insurance Rate Board (AIRB) there are 16 factors that will affect the rate you pay for your insurance, and these are:
- Your age
- Marital status (usually if you’re under 25)
- Where you live
- The years you’ve been licensed
- Whether or not you’ve taken a driver training course
- Driving convictions
- At-fault accidents
- Lapses in coverage
- Licence suspensions
- The coverages, limits and deductibles you have on your policy
- Discounts you’re eligible to receive
- The annual kilometres you typically drive
- The number of drivers listed on the policy
- How you use the vehicle (e.g. for business purposes)
- The type (and number) of vehicle(s) covered
On this latter point, the type of vehicle you drive, the likelihood of auto theft plays a significant role. According to Statistics Canada, there are more auto thefts reported in Alberta than anywhere else in the country. With almost 23,000 thefts in Alberta in 2016 this is 5,500 more than Ontario which comes in second. In fact, 29 per cent of all reports of a stolen vehicle occur in Alberta. In Edmonton specifically, there were 6,700 reported thefts.
Fortunately, the vehicles most likely to be stolen in Alberta, are not the vehicles most commonly driven, at least according to the Edmonton auto insurance quotes drivers compared last year at Kanetix.ca. Our records show that the most popular vehicles in Edmonton are the:
- Honda Civic
- Toyota Corolla
- Honda Accord
- Ford Escape
- Toyota RAV4
- Honda CR-V
- Hyundai Elantra
- Toyota Camry
- Volkswagen Jetta
Given that a Honda vehicle takes three out of the 10 spots, it’s no surprise that as car manufacturers go, the Honda brand is most popular in Edmonton followed by Toyota.
As Canada’s fifth largest city, Edmonton’s population is exploding. According to the latest census data (2016) the population in Edmonton grew almost 15 per cent since 2011. Compared to Canada’s growth of 5 per cent, this is significant. Clearly, Edmonton is a city people want to call home. This growth however, also means that there are more drivers and vehicles on the roads which often translates into more instances of collisions and congestion. According to Edmonton auto insurance quotes at Kanetix.ca, 14 per cent of drivers admit to having had a collision in the last 10 years, and 19 per cent say they’ve received a ticket in the last three years.
Don’t let a collision or a ticket put a dent in your wallet. Drive cautiously, defensively and heed the rules of the road to keep your premiums low.
Five ways to lower your Edmonton auto insurance
The following simple auto insurance savings tips will help you keep your premiums low:
1. Insure all of the vehicles at your house on the same policy: If there are several vehicles in your household, insure them together on the same policy to qualify for a multi-vehicle discount. Often, this discount will net you a savings of up to 10 to 20 per cent.
2. Insure your home with the same company who insures your car: This is probably one of the most well-known discounts available, but not everyone takes advantage of it. In fact, 48 per cent of Edmonton auto insurance shoppers, say no thanks to this discount when getting quotes. This discount though, could save you five to 15 per cent!
3. Swap out your all-seasons for winter tires when the snow flies: Many Edmonton auto insurance companies offer drivers who change their tires seasonally a discount that could save you up to 5 per cent. While most Edmonton drivers (86 per cent) say they rely on winter tires there are 14 per cent who don’t. If you don’t have winter tires, it might be worth considering as it makes winter driving safer and will help you save on your premiums.
4. Consider increasing your policy’s collision and/or comprehensive deductibles: Basically, the way it works is the higher your deductibles, the lower your insurance premiums. If you adjust your deductibles from $500 to $1000, you'll save somewhere in the region of between five and 10 per cent. If you decide to take this road, make sure the amount you increase your deductibles to won’t cause you financial stress in the even you have to submit a claim as this is the portion you’ll have to pay.
5. Shop around, at minimum, once a year: Hands down, one of the best ways to lower your Edmonton auto insurance rates is to shop around. It takes, literally, just a few minutes to complete our simple form after which we’ll immediately show you the results of our search for your lowest rate. If you’re looking to save money on your insurance, Kanetix.ca is the best way to do it. Compare auto insurance quotes today to pay less for your coverage. It’s as simple as that.
Not ready to shop for insurance today?Set a renewal reminder and we'll let you know when it's time to save.
When Is the Right Time to Upgrade Your Car?
Dec 6, 2019
It may be hard to say goodbye to your beloved vehicle, but sometimes it's time to upgrade. When is the best time to trade-up or sell and how do you get a deal at the dealership?
Listed! Canada's 10 Most Stolen Vehicles
Dec 4, 2019
This year's list of the most stolen cars in Canada is out. The list, published annually by the IBC, reveals the most stolen cars in Canada. Is your car (or truck) a favourite target of thieves?
What Exactly Is the Deal with Demerit Points?
Dec 3, 2019
There are three things that suck about traffic tickets: the fine, the affect the ticket it has on your auto insurance rate, and the demerit points tacked on to your driving record. The latter is often misunderstood, especially as to how it affects your auto insurance rates.