Where will your wheels take you?
It doesn't matter if you're travelling with friends or on a family road trip. Wherever you go in Canada, there are so many great places to stop and things to do while on the road. We've picked a few great places of interest in our Great Canadian Road Trip Stops and Tips infographic (see below). But let's face it, Canada is a vast land, and there's no way to capture the hundreds of other beautiful stops across the country.
12 Road Trip Planner Tips
- Take your car in for a maintenance check before leaving.
- Clean your car, inside and out (don't forget the trunk).
- Plan ahead: Make a schedule and decide on a route, but be flexible and stay calm if things don't go as planned.
- Don't drive for more than eight hours a day.
- Bring a spare car key, just in case.
- Let the driver drive and the navigator navigate. And, don't worry if you missed an exit. There's always another one ahead.
- Pack a real, honest-to-goodness road map.
- Carry your proof of car insurance, driver's licence and vehicle registration.
- Don't drive distracted; leave the phone in your glove compartment, or better yet, in the trunk. Instead of eating while driving, pull into a town for a sit-down meal. This doubles as a nice rest stop too.
- Research ahead of your trip or ask a local for recommendations on where to eat or stay for the night—a good inn, hotel, bed and breakfast, resort... whatever suits you style and budget.
- Get travel insurance. Whether you're a Canadian travelling outside of your home province, or a visitor to Canada, travel insurance can help when the unexpected happens.
- Take lots of pictures. But avoid posting them on your social accounts until you've returned home. That way, you don't tip off burglars that your home is empty.
- Related Read: Going on Vacation? 10 Ways to Protect Your Home
Road Trip Reads
Road Trip Infographic: Where Will Your Wheels Take You?
Embed this infographic on your website: Great Canadian Road Trip Tips And Road Trip Essentials
Simply copy the below code and paste it into your website.