We often receive emails asking specific insurance-related questions. Here are some of the most common questions, with responses from our licensed insurance representatives.

How do I get insurance for my personal belongings at a business storage facility?

This type of coverage is usually obtained by one of three ways:
  1. From the storage company. Some of the larger organizations will have an insurance program in place that they offer to customers using their facilities.

  2. From your current home insurance provider. If you already have home insurance, contact your existing insurance representative to see if your current policy covers stored property. Some policies do (but not all) if you're storing your property because you're moving residences. If it is not already a part of your policy, you should inquire if it can be added.

  3. Finally, if you don't have a current property insurance policy, changes are you need it. Complete a quote online at www.kanetix.ca to get an idea of the insurance suppliers featured through the Kanetix.ca property insurance comparison serivce and their rates. Then we'll help you get in contact with a licensed representative so that you can discuss your need for property insurance and the additional coverage for your stored property.

Return to Questions Library

* Although accurate at the time of publication, this information is subject to change and Kanetix® is not responsible for any damages caused as a result of the information included in this response. Always speak with your current insurance supplier, or a licensed insurance representative, to answer your specific questions.
Back to top