The best selling vehicle in Canada in 2010 wasn't a minivan, SUV, compact or sports car; it was Ford's F-Series, a pickup truck. Hands down, the most popular vehicle on the road is built Ford tough.
If you are not in the market for a pickup though and want to know what's the most popular sports car or minivan the following list, from DesRosiers Automotive Consultants, will help.
In Canada, in 2010 the best selling:
- Compact was a Honda Civic
- Subcompact was a Hyundai Accent
- Intermediate was a Ford Fusion
- Small Luxury was a BMW 3-Series
- High Luxury was a Mercedes-Benz E-Class
- Sports car was a Ford Mustang
- Luxury Sports car was a Nissan 370Z
- Compact Sport Utility was a Ford Escape
- Intermediate Sport Utility was a Dodge Journey
- Large Sport Utility was a GMC Yukon
- Large Pickup was a Ford F-Series
- Small Pickup was a Ford Ranger
- Minivan was a Dodge Caravan
- Luxury Compact Sport Utility was a Mercedes-Benz GLK
- Luxury Intermediate Sport Utility was a Lexus RX
- Luxury Large Sport Utility was an Audi Q7
- Large Van was a Ford Econoline
You're in the driver's seat
It doesn't matter what you drive, every vehicle has its own insurance history, and what you pay for auto insurance while driving the best selling compact will be different than what you pay if driving the best selling minivan. That's why you should compare car insurance quotes before you buy your next vehicle. Remember to do this again every year after renewal as well. Car insurance rates frequently change and the insurer who once offered you the best rate, may not be offering you the best rate next time.
Looking to buy a new or used car? Read more about the cars in Canada