Whether it is by divine intervention, or simply coincidence, the Vatican recently issued a set of Commandments targeted at drivers which they hope people will consider while behind the wheel. This comes at a time when, if media coverage is any indication, there seems to be increased incidences of road rage, racing and careless, often dangerous, behaviour.
The Drivers' Ten Commandments
- You shall not kill.
- The road shall be for you a means of communion between people and not of mortal harm.
- Courtesy, uprightness and prudence will help you deal with unforeseen events.
- Be charitable and help your neighbour in need, especially victims of accidents.
- Cars shall not be for you an expression of power and domination, and an occasion of sin.
- Charitably convince the young and not so young not to drive when they are not in a fitting condition to do so.
- Support the families of accident victims.
- Bring guilty motorists and their victims together, at the appropriate time, so that they can undergo the liberating experience of forgiveness.
- On the road, protect the more vulnerable party.
- Feel responsible towards others.
In the driver's seat? Drive carefully
Drivers with no accidents, tickets or insurance claims almost always pay less for auto insurance coverage. Your driving record is a key factor in determining your insurance rate. Tickets and at-fault accidents affect your insurance rates for years. It's true. Did you know that tickets affect your insurance rates for up to three years and accidents stay on your record for at least six? If you're a driver with a less than perfect driving record, you can find yourself paying much higher insurance premiums over the years.
Of course, chances are you know this all already. But did you know that whatever your driving record, you could already be paying too much for your auto insurance coverage? The only way to know for sure is to compare auto insurance quotes, which you can do easily online through Kanetix.ca's car insurance quote comparison service. Get quotes today from competing insurers to see what's available, and then compare it to what you're already paying. Chances are Kanetix.ca will help you lower your auto insurance premiums.
More top 10 lists about cars and car insurance
- Auto Theft-The 10 Most Stolen Cars In Canada
- The 10 Least Stolen Cars In Canada
- Top 10 Most Expensive Cars To Insure
- Top 10 Least Expensive Cars To Insure
- Top Tips To Cheaper Auto Insurance