Canadian interest in hybrids continues to grow. While sales of hybrids may have slowed now that the average retail price of gasoline in Canada has dropped considerably from the high in the summer of 2008 of $1.40 per litre, the results of a Kanetix.ca review of quotes shows that more people then ever before are looking into eco-friendly options for driving.
Not only have hybrid auto insurance quotes increased in 2008 compared to 2007, but they have more than doubled since 2006.
So what were the most popular hybrids at Kanetix.ca in 2008? The list varies to include vehicles that you traditionally think of when talking about hybrids (the Prius and Civic Hybrid) to SUVs and sedans:
- Toyota Prius
- Honda Civic Hybrid
- Toyota Camry Hybrid
- Ford Escape Hybrid
- Toyota Highlander Hybrid
- Lexus RX400h
- Honda Accord Hybrid
- Nissan Altima 2.5 S Hybrid
- Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid
- Saturn Vue Green Line Hybrid
Hybrids are marketed as an environmentally-friendly way to save you gas money. Of course, when it comes to money-saving potential there are other considerations too-like the cost of insurance.
Compare hybrid car insurance quotes
Whether you already drive one or are considering buying a hybrid, you can save more than just gas money. Insurance rates vary considerably between companies, and rates often change, so no matter what you drive, comparing auto insurance rates from competing insurance companies will ensure you're not overpaying for your car insurance premiums.
Kanetix.ca offers drivers looking to find cheaper auto insurance a better and quicker way to shop for auto insurance. With just one visit, drivers can easily get online auto insurance quotes from competing insurance companies to save.
Looking for more on hybrid car trends, fuel efficiency, and auto insurance rates?
Over the years, Kanetix® has compiled a series of articles and news bytes that you might find of interest:
- Hot hybrids: The 10 most popular hybrids
- Hybrid cars in Canada: Will going green save you money?
- Hybrid car popularity soars, but will your auto insurance?
- Fact or fiction? The scoop on hybrid cars and hybrid car myths
- Hybrid auto insurance rates 24 per cent lower than last year
- Autos that save you money: In gas and in your auto insurance premiums.
- Gas prices driving you to walk? You don't have to park the car yet.
- Gas prices affecting your choice of vehicle for you next purchase?