A look at drivers in Canada*
What's up with tickets where you live?
Eighteen per cent of car insurance quotes in 2011 included at least one ticket. By province, the breakdown was:
- Alberta: 18%
- Ontario: 18%
- Quebec: 24%
- New Brunswick: 9%
- Prince Edward Island: 11%
- Nova Scotia: 13%
Burn rubber! Get a ticket
Of all the drivers, regardless of where they lived, 15 per cent indicated they had at least one ticket. The single most popular ticket is for speeding and the top traffic tickets in 2011 were:
- Failure to obey traffic sign/signal
- Failure to carry/produce proof of insurance
- Failure to wear seatbelt
- Use of a cellular phone while driving
- Signalling offences
You're in the driver's seat
No matter what your driving history, whether you have a clean driving record or have a ticket or two, compare auto insurance rates every year. It's the only way to make sure you are not overpaying for the auto insurance coverage you need.
Looking for more interesting information about drivers in Canada?
- Infograhic: How did I get a ticket? Facts & myths
- Read: A "crash" course for drivers in Canada
- Read: Women are better drivers
- Read: Are teens becoming better drivers?