Compare prices from the names you trust.
Saving money on car insurance has never been this easy.
We search for your lowest rates from over 50 insurers.
You select your best quote from the options available to you.
We secure your rate
We connect you to the company to secure your selected rate.
How to get cheaper car insurance in Kitchener
At Kanetix.ca, we know how to get you a better insurance rate without compromising the coverage you need. No matter where you live in Canada, auto insurance is required by law and Kitchener is no different. But there are no rules saying you have to stay with the same insurance company. Compare Kitchener car insurance quotes today for the lowest price. It's simple, secure and free.
Car insurance rates change approximately every three months, so the company who offered you the best rate last time you shopped around may no longer offer you the best rate today. The Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO) reviews, approves and publishes the latest changes, but let us help you keep track of your car insurance rates with the Kanetix.ca Car Insurance Rate Tracker.
Real rates for real customers.
What your auto policy covers
Car insurance policies are made up of a variety of coverages, some mandatory and some optional. The following are some of the mandatory coverages:
- Accident benefits: You receive Accident Benefits if you are injured in a collision, regardless of who was at fault. Coverage can include medical and rehabilitation costs, funeral expenses, death benefits, as well as income replacement. As of June, 2016 there have been some changes to mandatory accident benefits. To learn more, check out: Ontario Car Insurance Is Changing. What You Need to Know
- Third party liability: Third party liability coverage takes care of legal claims for a collision that causes injury or damage to a third party. The minimum coverage requirement is $200,000, although most drivers take at least $1 million.
- Direct compensation - Property damage (DCPD): This provides coverage for damage to your car and any property inside the car as a result of a collision of which you are not to blame.
- Uninsured motorist coverage: This portion of your policy provides protection if you are injured or killed in an accident caused by an uninsured driver or a hit-and-run driver.
Two of the most common optional coverages are:
- Collision: This covers damage to your vehicle as a result of an impact or collision with another vehicle or object.
- Comprehensive: This insures your car against damage caused by non-collision-related events like theft and vandalism.
Both of these optional coverages typically come with a deductible. A deductible is the portion of an insurance claim you agree to pay. Your deductible also factors into how much or how little you pay for your coverage. The higher the deductible, the lower your rates.
How car insurance rates are determined in Kitchener
Located approximately 100 km west of Toronto, Kitchener is still prone to challenging driving conditions. City population, traffic conditions, weather patterns, and the insurance history of the area all play a role in determining how "at-risk" you are for an accident and how your car insurance rate is calculated.
Other determining factors include:
- Your commute: There are thousands of commuters who travel hours each day between Kitchener and various locations in the Greater Toronto area. However, those who work near their homes or utilize public transit may enjoy a reduction in car insurance costs compared to those who drive long distances daily and are more at risk of being in an accident.
- Your driving history: Auto insurance premiums are typically adjusted accordingly based on your past driving behaviour, including all accidents, infractions, tickets or charges. For those with impeccable driving performance, this can help to keep your insurance costs down.
- The car you drive: Depending on your vehicle model and year, different cars have higher safety ratings or theft rates or repair costs than others. All of these, though, are considered when calculating car insurance premiums.
If you're going to be buying a car, you'll need to factor in the cost of insurance. Compare Kitchener car insurance quotes for multiple vehicles, side by side.
More ways to lower your insurance rate
Shop around annually at renewal time or when your life changes to make sure you're not overpaying for your coverage. If you get married, move, or buy a new car, you may qualify for a lower auto insurance rate.
Kitchener drivers, like many others throughout Ontario, know the challenges associated with winter driving conditions. This is why insurance companies offer discounts to motorists who buy and install four winter tires in November and keep them on until April. Since the Ontario government implemented the measure on January 1, 2016, thousands of drivers have saved up to 5 per cent on car insurance rates by installing snow tires.
Insurance companies may also provide a discount for using some form of roadside assistance program or driver assistance system, as you are simultaneously decreasing your chance of an collision.
It's never a bad idea to ask your insurance provider for appropriate discounts. You will find that taking driver training courses, being retired or even belonging to certain groups, associations or universities may provide considerable discounts.
Car insurance companies also often offer significant loyalty savings to customers who purchase multiple policies from them (like home insurance, motorcycle, tenant, RV or even snowmobile).
Kanetix.ca has proudly served Canadians with over 7,000,000 competitive insurance quotes over the past 17 years.
Not ready to shop for insurance today?Set a renewal reminder and we'll let you know when it's time to save.
Hobbies That Make Your Life Insurer Squeamish
May 26, 2017
There are people who like living on the edge. They have nerves of steel and boundless energy and are as nimble as a cat. Understandably, many people cast a wary eye on these risk-takers; after all why would anyone want to jump out of perfectly good airplane or race down a quarter mile track at speeds that defy logic? Not surprisingly, your life insurer may be asking these questions as well.
Going on Vacation? 10 Ways to Protect Your Home
May 24, 2017
There's nothing better than going on vacation. But before you leave on holiday, it's important you take the necessary steps to protect your home while you're away.
#KanetixLovesTrees Has Taken Root by Planting 1,250 Trees
May 16, 2017
#KanetixLovesTrees, and thanks to the best customers ever, we reached our goal to plant 1,250 trees! So while you saved some green, we planted some green to help minimize the impact driving has on the environment.