Compare prices from the names you trust.
Saving money on car insurance has never been this easy.
We search for your lowest rates from over 50 insurers.
You select your best quote from the options available to you.
We secure your rate
We connect you to the company to secure your selected rate.
London auto insurance
Owning and operating a vehicle can get pricey year after year. If there was an easy way to cut down on those costs, would you do it? According to a survey by the Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO), more than half (52%) of Ontario drivers automatically renew their auto insurance policy. The benefit of renewing is it takes no time, but the downside is that the convenience could be costing you a lot more than you think.
Get the best deal on your rate
FSCO reviews and approves the latest rate changes about every three months. This means that since rates change on a quarterly basis, the rate you're paying now may not be the best rate you could be paying in a years' time. The easiest way to ensure you're paying the best rate is to compare quotes with us.
Real rates for real customers.
London car insurance policy 101
Your car insurance policy is made up of a variety of coverages, some mandatory and some optional. The following are some of the mandatory coverages:
- Accident Benefits:: Accident Benefits are benefits you receive if you are injured in a collision, regardless of who was at fault.
- Third Party Liability: Third Party Liability coverage pays for a legal claim for a collision that causes injury or damage to a third party. The minimum limit requirement is $200,000 although most drivers go with at least $1 million.
- Direct Compensation - Property Damage (DCPD): This provides coverage for damage to your car and any property inside the car as a result of a collision in which you are not to blame.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage: This portion of your policy provides protection if you are in an accident and injured or killed by an uninsured driver or a hit-and-run driver.
As of June, 2016 there are changes to your standard Accident Benefits coverage. Learn more about what's different and read, Ontario Car Insurance Is Changing. What You Need to Know
There are optional coverages as well. The following are two of the most common:
- Collision: This covers damage to your vehicle as a result of an impact or collision with another vehicle or object.
- Comprehensive: This insures your car against damage caused by events like theft and vandalism.
Both of these optional coverages typically come with a deductible. A deductible is the portion of an insurance claim you agree to pay. Your deductibles will factor into how your auto insurance rates are calculated. The higher the deductible the lower your rates.
What goes into your London car insurance rate?
Drivers in London should be aware that insurance providers will examine several different criteria before issuing the insurance rate. Where you reside in London, your commute, the model of car you drive, and your driving record are all important in determining what your car insurance will cost.
- Where you live: In calculating the cost of auto insurance for drivers in London, insurance brokers and agents have a standard checklist to follow. Statistics and other historical information help them figure out what roads, intersections and neighborhoods pose the greatest risk of accidents and collisions.
- Your commute: If you work close to home or choose to use public transportation to get to work, insurance providers may take a favourable view cost wise when it comes to calculating your insurance premiums. Those with lengthier commutes often have to pay more.
- The car you drive in London: The vehicle you purchase, lease or currently own will figure into the cost of insurance you pay. Car insurance companies have access to a great deal of information about different car models that they incorporate when it comes time to setting rates. Some car models are more likely to be stolen while others may rank higher in safety. Some vehicles are significantly more expensive to repair and the cost of replacement parts may vary considerably. Drivers in London list the Honda Civic as the most popular car, as they filled out information to find the lowest insurance rates on Kanetix.ca. The Toyota Corolla was the second most listed, followed by the Mazda3. The Ford Focus and Escape were the fourth and fifth most popular.
- Your driving history: Driving history and auto insurance rates are inseparable, as you realize. Naturally, car insurance firms will carefully track any accidents, tickets or infractions that show up on your record. Good driving behaviour and safe handling of your vehicle on the roads will be rewarded by cost savings when insurance premiums are generated.
While looking for low insurance quotes on Kanetix.ca, 58 per cent of drivers in London indicate they have had at least one car accident. Significantly less (43%) report they have had just one ticket. When you examine the differences by gender, there is a ten per cent difference with 47 per cent of males and 37 per cent of females reporting getting one ticket.
How to save even more on auto insurance
Most motorists realize that using snow tires to help you drive in nasty winter conditions is a good way to avoid accidents. Drivers in London are accustomed to 200 cm (80 inches) of snow on average. As a result of this, 81 per cent of motorists' rate shopping have noted that they use snow tires to navigate more safely during the winter months.
Thousands of Kanetix.ca customers throughout Ontario now benefit from a discount being offered by car insurance companies province-wide to any driver who buys and installs four winter tires in November and keeps them on until April. In a bid to improve on driver safety, the Ontario government introduced the legislation on January 1, 2016 and since that time, many drivers have saved up to 5 per cent on auto insurance rates by choosing to install snow tires.
Auto insurance firms welcome additional business and to gain this extra revenue, they will offer significant discounts to customers who hold multiple policies. More than half (52%) of car insurance customers in London are showing interest in receiving multi-line discounts from the same provider.
Further saving options should always be examined and customers often forget to ask for additional discounts. Taking driver training courses, belonging to certain groups or having extra security features in your home or car to prevent theft or vandalism are all viable ways to save on car insurance.
Compare your London auto insurance rates on a regular basis to make sure you're not overpaying for your coverage. Shop around annually at renewal as well as anytime when your lifestyle changes. If you get married, move, or buy a new car, these are all times when you should shop around for a lower auto insurance rate.
Kanetix.ca has proudly served Canadians with over 7,000,000 competitive insurance quotes over the past 17 years.
Not ready to shop for insurance today?Set a renewal reminder and we'll let you know when it's time to save.
Oh, Deer! What Happens If You Hit Wildlife While Driving?
Nov 14, 2017
Would you know what to do if you hit a deer, moose or other wild animal-big or small? Road kill is a grizzly, but common sight especially at this time of year. So if you hit a deer, do you know whether or not you would be covered for this type of collision?
Which Cars Hold Their Value the Best?
Nov 10, 2017
What cars hold their value? Which vehicles depreciate less? See the vehicles that retain their value according to CanadianBlackBook.com.
The Most and Least Reliable Cars on the Road
Nov 9, 2017
Not sure which dealership to head to first when looking to buy a new car? With so many car brands to choose from it can be difficult to decide. However, a recent ranking of the most and least reliable car brands by Consumer Reports might help.