NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This Kanetix Contest ("Contest") is subject to the following rules ("Rules").
The Sponsor of this Contest is Kanetix Ltd. (the "Contest Sponsor").
The duration of the Contest begins from March 19, 2013 and ends at midnight Eastern Standard Time on April 19, 2013.
The Contest is open to residents of Ontario, Manitoba, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, PEI and Newfoundland, who have, on the date of their entry in the Contest, attained the age of majority within the province or territory in which they reside. Employees of the Sponsor and its Affiliates, their immediate family members and/or persons living in the same household, are not eligible to participate.
- To enter to win $5,000, participants MUST secure a mortgage rate by applying online through Kanetix.ca site. In order to secure a rate, applicants must represent themselves accurately and complete the full online application, including the identity verification and credit check. The email address collected in the online application will be used to identify the entrant. Rates secured over the phone will NOT be accepted as entries into the contest. Entrants can only gain one entry by securing a mortgage rate online; only one rate can be secured per Entrant. Participants can gain a maximum of five additional entries via the Rafflecopter application found on the last step of the online application which confirms that the entrant has in fact secured a mortgage rate. The Rafflecopter application will also collect an entrant's email address which will be used as a method for identifying additional entries.
- The name of the person entering must be the authorized account holder of such email account. If the Entrant is not the registered holder of such account their entry may be deemed void. In the event of dispute over the identity of the potential Entrant who submitted an entry, the entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of registration, and the Entrant may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of such account. It is the sole responsibility of the Entrant to notify the Sponsor in writing if the Entrant changes his or her email address during the Contest Period.
- All Contest entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned to Entrant. Official entry to the Contest must be manually key stroked and manually entered by the individual Entrant herself/himself. Automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of entries (including but not limited to entries made using any script, macro, bot or sweepstakes service) will be disqualified and transmissions from these or related email or IP addresses may be blocked.
- The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, unintelligible or lost Entries. Contest Sponsor's time clock is the official clock for this Contest.
The prize is one cheque in the amount of $5,000.00 for one Contest winner. The sponsor reserves the right, for any reason whatsoever, in its sole and absolute discretion, to award a substitute prize of equivalent or greater value, including without limitation a cash award. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Allow 3-5 weeks for delivery of the prize.
- On April 20, 2013 at approximately 12:00:00 PM EST in Toronto, Ontario, there will be one Draw. The winning entry will be randomly drawn from among all Entries received during the Contest Period (the "Draw"). The odds of your Entry being drawn will depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Contest Period. No responsibility is assumed by the Contest Sponsor for any inability of a potential Entrant to successfully enter the Contest for any reason. Entrant eligible to win will be contacted by email, within seven (7) business days of the Draw, to obtain a mailing address, and will be required to successfully answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, in order to be declared a winner. If selected Entrant cannot be reached, for any reason, by the date indicated above, another Entrant may be randomly selected at Contest Sponsors sole discretion.
- If an Entrant under the age of majority in his/her province/territory of residence is selected as a Prize winner, the Prize will be awarded to the selected Entrant's parent or legal guardian. The parent or legal guardian shall release the Declaration (as defined below) from any and all liability with respect to the Contest or any prize awarded.
- By entering this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules. Entrants further agree to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor's Contest judges, which will be final and binding in all respects. All interpretations of the Rules and decisions by the Sponsor are final.
- The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant it finds, or believes to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or the Kanetix website; to be acting in violation of the Rules; who submitted obscene or offensive feedback; or with conduct intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
- The prize is one credit card gift card in the amount of $5,000.00 for one Contest winner. The sponsor reserves the right, for any reason whatsoever, in its sole and absolute discretion, to award a substitute prize of equivalent or greater value, including without limitation a cash award.
- The Contest is governed by the laws of Canada and any applicable provincial and municipal laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law.
- Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its advertising and promotional agencies to use a winner's name, photograph and/or likeness for advertising and promoting and publicizing the services of the Sponsor in any medium without compensation, unless otherwise prohibited by law. A winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release. You are not a winner until your submission is validated. Failure by a potential winner to return any required documents within 5 days of delivery to the potential winner's mail (or email) address or return of prize documents or prize as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternative winner, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. The Sponsor will use reasonable efforts to pick an alternative winner but in the event an alternate winner cannot be reasonably determined, such prize will go unawarded.
- Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes.
- Entrants release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, agents, employees, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest from any and all liability with respect to or in any way arising from this Contest and the awarding, use or misuse of the prize, including liability for personal injury or damage to property.
- Kanetix Ltd. is not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this sweepstakes, including but not limited to errors in advertising materials, internet postings, these sweepstakes rules, the selection and announcement of winners and of the distribution of prizes. Kanetix Ltd. assumes no responsibility for any failure, problems or technical malfunction of any computer systems or networks, hardware, software, telephone or fax lines or other systems, equipment or facilities relating to, or used in connection with, the sweepstakes. Kanetix Ltd. does not accept any responsibility for entries/subscriptions which are lost, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, incomplete, illegible or damaged, for any reason whatsoever.
By entering this contest, the winner consents to the use of such information to administer, implement and fulfill this Contest including special marketing promotions after the duration of the Contest.