Compare Car Insurance Quotes in Prince Edward Island
Compare prices from the names you trust.
Saving money on car insurance has never been this easy.
We search for your lowest rates from over 50 insurers.
You select your best quote from the options available to you.
We secure your rate
We connect you to the company to secure your selected rate.
Prince Edward Island car insurance
Nobody likes to talk about car insurance, but since it's required by law in order to operate a vehicle in Canada, Kanetix.ca strives to make purchasing an auto policy as quick and easy as possible. We know you don't want to seek out and sift through dozens of quotes just to find the best rate, so let us do the hard part for you. All you have to do is enter your information once and we'll give you quotes from multiple leading providers at the same time. To secure the best rate, all you have to do is connect with us online or on the phone. It's that simple.
Real rates for real customers.
Auto insurance coverage in Prince Edward Island
Prince Edward Island operates on a no-fault system, meaning each person involved in a collision deals with his or her own policy provider regardless of who caused the incident.
In Prince Edward Island, it is mandatory for drivers to have the following minimum coverage:
- Third party liability protects you if you cause a collision resulting in injuries or fatalities, or damages to someone else's property. Minimum required liability coverage is $200,000, but most drivers in PEI opt for $1 million.
- Accident benefits may cover you (or anyone else entitled to this benefit under your policy) if you're involved in an accident regardless of who is at fault. This could include medical expenses, rehabilitation costs, loss of income, funeral expenses and possibly death benefits.
- Direct compensation - Property damage covers repairs to your vehicle if you're involved in a collision in which you're not entirely at fault and at least one other driver involved is also insured in PEI. Amount payable varies depending on the extent of your involvement. (Mandatory as of October 2015).
- Uninsured automobile coverage covers you if you're involved in a collision with an uninsured driver or unidentified vehicle (coverage does not include damages to your vehicle caused by a hit-and-run, but does include recovery damages if you're seriously injured).
There are also multiple optional coverage options available such as specified perils, which covers losses against named risks such as fire or theft, or comprehensive, which protects you against specified perils as well as damage to your vehicle caused by fire, theft and vandalism. Talk to your provider about additional coverage today.
Your premiums are based on a number of variables including:
- Where you live
- How long you have been insured
- The type of vehicle you drive (model and make)
- Your claims history
- Your insurance provider's claims history
- Whether you've taken a certified driver's training course
- Your personal driving record (tickets, suspensions, fines, etc)
- How often you drive
- The usage of your vehicle (if you use it professionally, for example)
Amped up for Battery Electric Vehicles: 10 Cars That Will Spark Your Interest
Jul 24, 2017
Battery electric vehicles (BEVs), especially the Tesla Model S, are sparking the interest of Canadian drivers. More than one in three drivers (36 per cent) who requested auto insurance quotes at Kanetix.ca for a BEV got quotes for the Tesla Model S, followed by the Nissan Leaf (17 per cent). See how the rest ranked.
Breaking: Ontario Car Insurance Rates Have Increased
Jul 18, 2017
Breaking News: Ontario car insurance rates have increased. According to the Financial Services Commission of Ontario, car insurance rates for many Ontario drivers will be going up at renewal, instead of down. See how much your rates could be going up the next time you get your renewal documents.
Canada Is a Nation of Honda Drivers
Jul 17, 2017
When you take to the road, is your vehicle of choice a Honda or a Toyota? Chances are it is, as these two car brands consistently come out on top of the 10 most popular car manufacturers quoted for auto insurance online in Canada through Kanetix.ca.