Compare prices from the names you trust.
Get a Quebec City car insurance quote in minutes!
We show you the best auto rates available in Quebec City.
Pick a great rate from the list of quotes provided by us.
We secure your rate
Give us a call and we'll connect you to the insurance provider with the best rate for you.
Save on Quebec City Car Insurance
Quebec has the lowest car insurance rates in Canada, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t save even more. If you live in Quebec City, shopping around for car insurance quotes should still be a priority. It only takes a few minutes to find a great rate by comparing quotes at Kanetix.ca and the result is that you could end up saving hundreds of dollars on your car insurance premium. Free to use, by completing a simple online quote at Kanetix.ca, you’ll be comparing rates from the top insurance providers in Canada in just one step.
Quebec City’s car insurance is a mix of public and private insurance coverage. The public plan is provided by the Société de l’assurance automobile du Québec (SAAQ) while the private part is purchased by the car owner from Quebec’s car insurance companies. As a result, the private portion is your opportunity to save money as the public portion is paid for in part, by your driver’s licence fees.
Your private plan also covers civil liability and property damage. It’s common in Quebec City to have $1 to $2 million in coverage, although the minimum coverage is $50,000. You can search and compare coverage with Quebec City insurance companies featured on Kanetix.ca.Additional optional coverages can be included in your car insurance policy. The most common being:
- Collision: Covers damage to your vehicle as a result of an impact or collision with another vehicle or object.
- Comprehensive: Insures your car against damage caused by events like theft and vandalism.
Both of these optional coverages typically come with a deductible. A deductible is the portion of an insurance claim you agree to pay. Your deductibles will factor into how your auto insurance rates are calculated. The higher the deductible, typically the lower your rates.
There are many factors that determine how much you pay for your car insurance premiums. The top four are:
- Where you live: How much you can expect to pay for car insurance in Quebec? You can use the InsuraMap tool on Kanetix.ca to see the average cost of auto insurance within your neighbourhood. We’ve ranked the cost of car insurance in some of Quebec’s largest cities, including Quebec City, which falls within the top ten.
- Your commute: The distance Quebec City drivers are commuting on a daily basis can have a significant impact on their auto insurance rates because your risk to exposure for an accident is higher if your commute is longer. Based on quotes completed on Kanetix.ca, drivers in Quebec City are reporting an average daily work commute of 10 km, up from the year before from 9.85 km. This is higher than their Montreal counterparts, who are reporting an average daily work commute of 9.6 km this year.
- Your driving history: It should surprise no one that getting car insurance means that your driving record will be carefully factored. At-fault collisions and traffic violations can adversely affect your insurance premiums. Tickets can stay on your driving record for three years and at-fault accidents remain for at least six years. Once your driving record has been cleared of these faults, you should make it a priority to compare auto insurance rates again to confirm if you qualify for a lower rate.
- The car you drive: Let’s face it, there are certain cars in Canada that are more prone to theft then others. Car insurance companies keep track of this because it matters when determining insurance rates. Check if your car makes the annual Insurance Bureau of Canada’s list of the most stolen cars in Canada. It’s a good resource to check before you make that final decision to switch cars, and Quebec City car owners should do their research not only on the type of car you wish to buy, but how much it will cost to insure it.
- Honda Civic
- Toyota Corolla
- Mazda Mazda3
- Hyundai Elantra
- Honda Accord
- Toyota RAV4
- Honda CR-V
- Volkswagen Jetta
- Ford Escape
- Toyota Camry
See real rates from Quebec City drivers:
Tricks to cheap auto insurance rates in Quebec City
With car insurance rates always fluctuating, it’s prudent to continue to shop around for the lowest rate. You can do that in one place by comparing insurance quotes at Kanetix.ca. In addition, you can take a few other simple steps to guard against paying higher premiums.
- Drive safely: Traffic tickets and collisions typically lead to higher rates.
- Consider coverages and deductibles: Review whether you still need certain optional coverages on your policy. Consider if you could afford a higher deductible to reduce your rates.
- Bundle your policies: Only 40% of Quebec City drivers who quoted with Kanetix.ca reported bundling home insurance and auto insurance under the same company. This is an opportunity to save that you could be foregoing if you don’t bundle.
To keep up with the ongoing rate changes, you can complete one online form on Kanetix.ca to get the lowest quote from the best car insurance providers across the country within minutes. It’s that easy.
Join the millions of Canadians who have already saved by comparing quotes through Kanetix.ca.
Not ready to shop for insurance today?Set a renewal reminder and we'll let you know when it's time to save.
Brace Yourself for Parking Lot Mayhem
Nov 13, 2018
As throngs of shoppers descend on the stores this Black Friday and beyond, two things are certain: the parking lots are going to be busier than usual and secondly, we can all use a refresher on how best to tackle this reality.
A Winter Car Safety Kit Checklist
Nov 9, 2018
Slippery or snow-covered roads, reduced visibility and the cold: these are all conditions that can make winter driving difficult. They are also the conditions that can make getting stuck in the snow or a car breakdown treacherous if unprepared. But, with an emergency kit for your car, you could find yourself back on the road quicker if you run into problems.
Tips for Winter Driving
Nov 8, 2018
With flurries in the forecast, it's time to take the prospect of winter driving seriously. Winter can be one of the most difficult and unpredictable driving seasons, but if you stay alert, slow down, and stay in control, you'll be sure to get where you need to go, safely.