InfoCentre - Your home insurance resource for your property, condo and contents
Home insurance tips, information and articles
About property insurance
- Read the Fine Print: Biggest Home Insurance Mistakes Not to Make
- Which Home Features Could Increase Your Home Insurance Premiums?
- How Can You Safeguard Your Home from Liability Claims?
- Could Fido Void Your Home Insurance?
- 10 Times When Your Home Insurance May Not Pay Out
- What Impacts Your Home Insurance [Infographic]
- Home Insurance Savings Guide: 21 Things That Impact Your Rate
- 14 per Cent of Homeowners Rent out a Portion of Their House
- Three Reasons Why Students Need Tenant Insurance
- When It's More Than Just a Shower: Storm Damage and Your Insurance
- Hurricanes in Canada? When They Happen (and They Do), Will You Be Covered?
- Adding a Pool Means Adding Insurance
- Cottage and Seasonal Home Insurance - How Do I Get Coverage?
- A Stolen Bike - to Claim or Not to Claim...
- Why You Need Property Insurance for Your Car
- Wood Stoves May Draw Heat from Insurers
- Wet All Over - But Are You Covered?
Home insurance in the news
- In the Wake of Hurricane Dorian: Tips for Starting the Claims Process
- Nearly Half of Homeowners Plan to Renovate Their Home
- Wildfires, Ice Storms, Tornadoes, and Hail: Canada's 10 Costliest Disasters
- How the Toronto Flood Affected Home Insurance Coverage
- Ice Storm 2013: 7 Lessons Learned
- Toronto Drenched by Rainfall and Flash Floods
- Floods and Water Damage: Severe Weather in Canada
- Six of the Oddest, Most Bizarre Insurance Claims
- Best "What Were They Thinking" Dumb and Dumber Crime Stories About Criminals and Robbers...
Home buying tips and your home insurance
- First Time Home Buyers Guide: Getting Ready for the Big Buy
- (Buying a ) Home for the Holidays?
- First Time Home Buyer, Eight First Time Home Expenses
- Missteps to Avoid When Buying a House
- Home Insurance Myths Busted
- The Least Expensive Provinces to Buy a Home in Canada
- The Most Expensive Provinces to Buy a Home in Canada
- Insurance Tips to Help You Save When Buying a Home
- Buying a New Home? 9 Things to Consider When It Comes Your Home Insurance
Tenants' Insurance, Contents Insurance and Renters' Insurance
- How to Get Renter's Insurance
- Tenant Insurance: What It Is and Why You Need It
- Tenants Insurance 101
- Almost 50 Per Cent of Tenants Are Without Renter's Insurance
- How Much Would It Cost to Replace Everything You Own?
- Don't Let It Happen to You! Property Insurance Tips for Tenants
Title Insurance and Title Fraud
- 300,000 Reasons Why You Should Worry About Title Fraud
- Title Fraud in Canada: Keeping the Roof over Your Head, Yours
Home safety and maintenance tips
- Babysitting, Liability Insurance and Home Insurance: What Parents and Babysitters Need to Know
- What Can You Do to Protect Your Home from a Natural Disaster?
- How to Protect Your Home from a $43,000 Repair Bill
- Fire Safety Tips to Protect Your Home
- Safety Tips for Setting Off Fireworks
- Popular Steals: What's at Risk in Your Home
- Going on Vacation? 10 Ways to Protect Your Home
- Summertime and the Livin' Is Easy: Summer Safety Tips and Guide
- Home Renovations: Tips to Help You Get Started
- How to 'Break the Ice': Protect Your Home from Winter Hazards
- Beat the Heat at the Cottage. Fire Safety Tips So You Don't Get Burned
- Staying Cool in a Pool. Avoid the Backyard Dangers of an Inflatable Pool
- Taking Inventory of Your Life: Time Well Spent
- How to Foil a Bicycle Thief
- Home Heating Energy-Saving Checklist
- Party Planning Precautions
- Springing Forward or Falling Back: A Safety Checklist for Around the Home and in Your Car
- Propane BBQ Safety Tips
- Proper Home Maintenance Key to Avoiding Winter Property Damage
- Burglar-Proofing Your Home
- Tis' the Season for Holiday Fire Safety
Property insurance hodgepodge
Find the lowest insurance rate and start saving today
Compare and Save on Insurance Rates
Compare and Save on Insurance Rates
As of January 1, 2020, the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) no…