New passport rules for U.S. air travel effective January 23, 2007

Starting January 23, 2007 Canadians travelling to the U.S. by air will need a passport. Even though the deadline for this American initiative has been extended twice, it will not likely be delayed a third time so get ready for longer wait times at the passport office.

According to Passport Canada, there is a sharp increase in applications in all of its offices. In November (2006) alone, they received more than 355,000 applications - a 33 per cent increase compared to November 2005.

If your passport has expired, which happens every 5 years, or if you've never had one, and you want to fly to the United States, you'll need to get one.

How to get your Canadian Passport:

Get the proper passport forms in one of the following ways:

  • Use 'Passport On-line' at the Passport Canada website.This is an interactive online form available only to Canadians 16 years of age or over that takes 20 to 40 minutes to complete.
  • Download the form available through the Passport Canada website.
  • Or, pick-up your application at any Canada Post Outlet or Service Canada Centre. Find the one nearest you.

Compare and Save on Insurance Rates

Find the lowest insurance rate and start saving today


Latest Articles

High-Tech Auto Theft Is on the Rise: How to Protect Your Vehicle

Auto theft has always been a troublesome and lucrative black-market business in…

The Cost to Insure a Luxury Car Is Not as Much as You Might Think

Ever wonder how much it would cost to get auto insurance for…

5 Smart-Home Gadgets That Can Help Protect Your Home and Save You Money

Smart-home gadgets can do more than make your life easier. They can…

Street Racing and Your Insurance: What Happens After You’re Caught

Not only is street racing or stunt driving incredibly dangerous and reckless,…