Time to check in to see if you're still getting the best car insurance rate
A change in season is the ideal reminder to take a few quick minutes to see if you're still getting the best car insurance rate out there. And, now that winter has settled in for the long haul, it's time to see if you can enjoy some cool savings on your car insurance.
Why? Well, a lot can happen in a season. Not only does the season change but car insurance rates change (more than you may think) and a lot can happen to you personally in the space of one season that can impact your car insurance rates:
- Your policy comes up for renewal. There's no better time to see if a cheaper car insurance premium can be found.
- You get married. Depending on your spouse's driving history, you may find that the company that provided you the best rate as a single person may not be the same company that provides you the best rate as a couple.
- You move. Where you live factors into what you pay, and chances are your premiums will change when you move. Make sure you're getting the best deal at your new address, and compare rates once you're settled in.
- You buy a new car. New or used, what you park in your driveway is one of the key factors in calculating your car insurance rate. Cars that are more likely to be stolen or cost more to repair or replace, for example, may be more expensive to insure. So when shopping for a new car, keep in mind to shop for insurance too.
- Your teen gets their driver's licence. Some insurers are more teen-friendly, and if you have a new driver in your household it's worth checking to see if another insurer will give you a better rate.
- You get a ticket or are involved in an at fault accident. Accidents and tickets happen to even the best drivers. If your rates have gone up as a result, don't give up. Despite not having a flawless record, some insurance companies are more forgiving than others.
- You change jobs or retire. When your daily commute changes, your insurance could change as well. Where you drive and how much daily driving you do can impact your insurance. Shop around for a new cheaper premium.
Since the season is changing, see if it might be time to change insurance providers too for a lower car insurance premium. Kanetix.ca shops the market for you, which is why, on average, Kanetix.ca customers save $750. No one else covers as much of the market as we do, and we make it quicker and easier for you to get quotes and your coverage from the top providers all in one place. Compare car insurance quotes today for a better price.