As the most-liked vehicle on Facebook, with more than 8 million people giving it the thumbs up, the Ford Mustang also happens to be Canada's best-selling sports car. On the roads since 1964, the Ford Mustang holds a special place in many driver's hearts and minds; it's an iconic muscle car.
If you're in the market to buy a sports car, there's more to consider than just the horses under the hood; there's auto insurance (of course) and gas too. These cars are meant to be driven and you'll likely be on the road a lot so we've included how much you can expect to spend on gas each year behind the wheel of one of Canada's top-selling sports cars.*
The best-selling sports cars in Canada in 2015
From full on muscle cars to just plain sporty, if you like your car to have some pep, these best sellers might just do the trick.
- Ford Mustang
The cost of gas will range from $2006 per year to $2834.
- BMW 4 Series
The cost of gas will range from $2083 per year to $2554.
- Subaru WRX
The cost of gas will range from $2430 per year to $3026.
- Dodge Challenger
The cost of gas will range from $2245 per year to $3745.
- Chevrolet Camaro
The cost of gas will range from $2289 per year to $4166.
- Volkswagen GTI
The cost of gas will range from $2058 per year to $2108.
- Chevrolet Corvette
The cost of gas will range from $2778 per year to $3546.
- BMW 2 Series
The cost of gas will range from $2083 per year to $2257.
- Audi A5
The cost of gas will range from $2257 per year to $2430.
- Scion FR-S
The cost of gas will range from $2083 per year to $2381.
Top selling sports cars in Canada and your auto insurance
Knowing how much you'll spend a year on gas is important, but knowing how much you'll spend a year on auto insurance is important too. In fact, depending on the vehicle and your driving details, you could spend as much, if not more on auto insurance than gas each year; so budgeting for one and not the other won't prepare you for the costs of owning a sports car. Get the full picture. Compare quotes at Kanetix.ca to ensure you are getting the best priced car insurance for your new vehicle.
At Kanetix.ca, we shop the market to help you get the lowest rate, and Kanetix customers save an average of $750 because of it.
Looking for a vehicle with a little less muscle?
- Related Read: Top 10 Trucks in Canada
- Related Read: Top 10 Cars in Canada
- Related Read: Best-Selling Minivans in Canada
- Related Read: Canada's Best SUVs-Top 10 Selling SUVs in Canada
* Annual estimated fuel cost is based on driving 20 000 km per year-a realistic distance for the vast majority of Canadians-at fuel prices that are estimated to be $1.09/L for regular, $1.24/L for premium and $1.12/L for diesel. This information comes from Natural Resources Canada's 2016 Fuel Consumption Guide. Keep in mind that consumption varies within a model due to options chosen when the car is purchased, as well as how you drive, traffic, and road conditions.
The sales data comes from Good Car Bad Car Auto Sales Data.