Compare prices from the names you trust.
Saving money on travel insurance has never been this easy.
We search for your lowest rates from top insurance providers.
You select your best quote from the options available to you.
We secure your rate
We connect you to your provider to secure your rate.
Why you should pack travel insurance
on your next trip
The excitement of an upcoming trip is one of the best feelings for many people. It means a vacation away from the daily grind, seeing friends and family who live far, meeting brand new people, trying new cuisines, taking in stunning sights, and much more!
With all the excitement, it’s easy to overlook purchasing travel insurance for your trip. It’s one of those things you may not want to buy, but you’ll be so glad you did if you end up needing it.
The biggest benefit of having traveling insurance is that it can save you from going in to debt, should you need medical attention because you’ve fallen ill or have been injured during your trip.
There are many different types of travel insurance, and they all differ by coverage amounts as well as services covered. The Government of Canada website recommends having coverage while you travel, no matter how near or far you’re going, or how ever short or long your trip may be.
What does travel insurance cover?
Travel insurance covers typical medical costs as well as emergency medical costs. From a trip to the hospital, hospital care, diagnostics, prescriptions, and even return home services, travel insurance keeps medical expenses affordable in otherwise unaffordable circumstances.
The unexpected happens, and no one anticipates getting sick or injured when they’re on vacation, but it happens. We’re very fortunate to have health care coverage in Canada, but it’s not the same case in other countries. Medical expenses can be quite costly in most countries, so it’s important that when you do travel, you have a way to cover your medical costs, or your finances may take a big hit. The last thing you want is a vacation memory of going in to debt.
Take more than one trip per year?
A smart travel tip is to invest in multi-trip emergency medical travel insurance. The benefit of purchasing multi-trip medical insurance is it is the most cost effective way to ensure you're always covered when you travel, and also saves you time as you don't have to apply for it every single time you travel. A multi-trip travel policy provides travel insurance coverage for every trip you take within the period of the policy (typically 12 months).
Other travel insurance options are available
As mentioned earlier, there are many types of travel insurance available, with a variety of services and coverage amounts.
- If you’re visiting Canada as a tourist, make sure you’re covered with a great policy! We can help you search and compare the best quotes and even help you purchase a policy. Don’t think you need travel insurance as a visitor to Canada? Here’s why you do.
- Parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents should get super visa health insurance. Family members who live outside of Canada can visit for up to two years at a time, and the visa is valid up to 10 years. It can be tricky to pick a policy, but we make it really easy to shop for super visa insurance plans.
- If you’re coming to study in Canada, Kanaetix.ca offers international student travel insurance quotes. As a student, it’s important to make sure you’re protected during your studies in Canada. Accidents, illness and medical emergencies can be stressful as is; in an unfamiliar country, even more so. Have peace of mind and make sure you’re covered.
- If you already have supplementary travel health insurance, then perhaps it's trip cancellation insurance and trip interruption insurance you're looking for. Vacations can easily get derailed by events outside of your control - whether you become suddenly ill, find yourself unemployed, or there's a death, illness or sickness in your family.
- If you’re looking for more than just emergency medical coverage during your travels, you may want an all inclusive travel insurance plan. Not only does it cover medical expenses, it covers trip cancellation and/or trip interruption as well as baggage loss or delay.
Real People, Real Claims: Real-Life Reasons Why Visitors to Canada Need Travel Insurance
Jun 26, 2018
Summer is, hands down, the most popular time of year for tourists in Canada. Whether it's city life, natural wonders, or food and drink, there's no shortage of appeal, and as a Canadian you know this to be true. However, what you may not know to be true is that your visitors should have Visitors to Canada travel insurance for their stay.
Travelling Pet Peeves Exposed
May 28, 2018
There is nothing more exciting than taking a well-deserved trip, but sometimes the journey of getting to your destination can be trying. From barefoot passengers to close talkers, a recent study on airplane and hotel travel etiquette exposes the poor traveller behaviours that get under the skin of jet setting Canadians.
6,098 Reasons Why Visitors to Canada Need Travel Insurance
May 25, 2018
With over 60 per cent of all tourists to Canada coming to visit during the months of May through to September, Canadians are getting ready to open their homes to friends and family. If you are expecting visitors this year, there are 6,098 reasons why you should encourage your guests to get Visitors to Canada health insurance.