Compare prices from the names you trust.
Saving money on travel insurance has never been this easy.
1. You search
You can search for your lowest rates from top insurance providers.
2. You choose
You select your best quote from the options available to you.
3. Secure your rate
You can connect to the provider to secure your rate.
Your Ticket to Peace of Mind: Travel Insurance
You’ve booked your flight and hotel, and pulled out your suitcase for when the urge to pack strikes. There’s only one thing you haven’t done yet, and you may be debating whether you need to bother, and that’s get travel insurance.
Debate no more because travel insurance is one item you don’t want to pass on when you’re about to embark on a vacation. By purchasing travel insurance before you leave, you’re protecting your health by ensuring you get the care you need in the event of an injury or illness; your bank account from the healthcare costs and related expenses of a medical emergency; and, your travel plans so you can get back on your feet sooner.
At Kanetix.ca, we make it easy for you to compare travel insurance quotes from Canada's top providers. Our users save an average of 68%* when they compare travel insurance quotes with us.
Why should you pack travel insurance on your next trip?
The benefit of having travel insurance is it can save you from having to pay a significant amount of money should you need medical attention on your travels. Healthcare is expensive, especially in the U.S., and only about 10 per cent of out-of-country healthcare costs are covered by your provincial plan. Don't take the risk, buy a travel medical insurance policy before you leave.
There are several types of travel insurance available to ensure you get the coverage you need:
- Single trip emergency medical travel insurance: This type of policy covers you for a specific trip from the day you depart to the day you return. It typically covers most emergency medical costs including in-hospital care, diagnostics, prescriptions, and even return home services. This insurance keeps medical expenses affordable in otherwise unaffordable circumstances.
- Multi trip emergency medical travel insurance: This type of policy is good for frequent travellers. It covers you in the same ways as a single trip policy only for all the trips you may take within the span of a year. The only caveat is that the trip does not exceed the policy’s maximum number of days, but there’s a lot of options to choose from so you can buy a policy that fits your travel style.
- All inclusive travel insurance: This type of policy covers the works: emergency medical, trip cancellation/interruption, and baggage loss or delay.
- Trip cancellation/interruption: If you already have supplementary travel health insurance, then perhaps it's trip cancellation insurance and trip interruption insurance you're looking for. Vacations can easily get derailed by events outside of your control - whether you become suddenly ill, find yourself unemployed, or there's a death, illness or sickness in your family.
No one anticipates getting sick or injured when they’re on vacation, but it happens. We’re very fortunate to have healthcare coverage in Canada, but it does not cover you to the same extent when you travel.
The best time to purchase your travel insurance is before you leave. If you purchase it after you leave, you may find that you’re not covered for the full duration of your trip or are excluded from some policy benefits. As a result, it’s wise to start looking into your travel insurance options as soon as you know you’re going to travel. This will give you the time to shop rates for the best price (at Kanetix.ca of course!) and give you the time to review policy benefits and details. It will also give you the time needed, if you have a pre-existing condition, to complete any medical questionnaire that may be required and consult your doctor if necessary.
Medical bills accrued while travelling are not typically covered in full by your provincial healthcare plan or the Government of Canada. Far from it. It’s typically reported that only about 10 per cent of out-of-country medical care costs are covered, which is why the Government of Canada strongly recommends having supplemental travel health coverage, no matter how near or far you’re going, or how short or long your trip may be.
There are several factors that can impact how much your travel insurance will be:
- Where you’re going and how long you’ll be there.
- The type of coverage you need (whether it’s just emergency medical or a comprehensive package like an all-inclusive policy).
- The number of travellers you need to insure.
- Your age and any pre-existing conditions you may have.
Looking for a different type of travel insurance?
Find the travel insurance you need
- Looking for single trip, multi trip, all inclusive or trip cancellation/interruption insurance? Just click "Get Quotes" above to get started.
- For Canadian travellers who are aged 55 and over and love to travel in the winter to warmer climates, there’s snowbird travel insurance.
- For travellers visiting Canada as a tourist, healthcare in Canada can be costly without coverage and Kanetix.ca can help set you up with a great policy. Don’t think you need travel insurance as a visitor to Canada? Here’s why you do.
- Parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents applying for the super visa can compare quotes for super visa health insurance that offers the coverage needed to fulfill the visa’s requirements. It doesn’t have to be tricky to pick a policy because we make it easy to shop for super visa insurance plans.
- If you’re coming to study in Canada, Kanetix.ca offers international student travel insurance quotes. As a student, it’s important to make sure you’re protected for the duration of your studies in Canada. Accidents, illness and medical emergencies can be especially stressful in an unfamiliar country. Have peace of mind and make sure you’re covered.
The excitement of an upcoming trip is one of the best feelings in the world. With everything that you need to do to prepare, it’s easy to overlook purchasing travel insurance, but don’t leave home without it! Find your best travel insurance quotes now!
Planning a Sporting Vacation? Consider an Add-On to Your Travel Policy
May 13, 2019
Some folks like to lie on the beach during their vacations, while others like to mix it up a bit with some adventure sports. If you're in the latter category, your head may be filled with visions of grand outdoor experiences. But have you thought about your travel insurance? If your answer is yes, you
Travelling with Man's Best Friend? 5 Tips to Protect Your Pooch
May 8, 2019
Ontario to Scrap Out-of-Country OHIP Coverage
May 2, 2019
Travellers are generally encouraged to buy travel insurance before going on holiday, but those who don't because of the emergency coverage available to them through OHIP will soon find they're without any sort of travel coverage come the fall.