Compare prices from the names you trust.
Travel health insurance for international students
When you're starting your journey as a student in a new country, you probably don't know what to expect. The culture, the customs, the environment... It's a whole new world and you'll want to embark on it knowing that you're covered in case of any emergency. No matter where you're visiting from, you should be aware that doctor bills and hospital care can cost thousands of dollars a day. That's why Kanetix.ca publishes rates for you to find the best rates for international student travel insurance, taking the stress off of having to shop around to find the right coverage when you should be enjoying this new experience.
What is international student travel insurance?
International student travel insurance helps to protect visiting students who are studying in Canada from unexpected costs due to accidents, health and medical emergencies during their stay.
International student travel insurance quotes are available for individual students studying in Canada only. If you're coming to Canada for a trip, or have friends or family planning to visit, you can compare quotes for visitors to Canada health insurance and Super Visa insurance.
International student travel coverage plans offer the following:
- Up to $2,000,000 of coverage for eligible emergency medical expenses that you incur while visiting Canada.
- Extended health care coverage for physician fees, x-rays, physiotherapist visits, chiropractor visits, prescription drugs, and more.
- Dental accident coverage, emergency hospital services and more.
Who qualifies for international travel health insurance for students studying in Canada?
This type of travel insurance can be purchased by international students studying in Canada who:
- Are currently in good health.
- Not insured or eligible for benefits under a Canadian Government Health Insurance Plan.
- Are enrolled in at least 60% of the required courses for a specific program at a Canadian school, college, university or accredited educational institution.
Not ready to shop for insurance today?Set a renewal reminder and we'll let you know when it's time to save.
Stress-free Family Vacations: Tips for Travelling with Pre-teens and Teens
Jun 13, 2019
Worst Travel Stories From Spitting Camels to Broken Toilets
Jun 12, 2019
The worst travel stories can happen anywhere in the world. And, while vacations are supposed to be filled with "Ohh," and "Ahh," no one wants to say, "Get Me Outta' Here!" Maybe catching a cold or the flu is your worst travel experience but for these guests, their vacation was a holiday nightmare. If you're
Stress-free Family Vacations: Tips for Traveling with Older Children
Jun 10, 2019