Shop auto insurance rates from over 50 of Canada's most trusted insurance providers.
Get the best rate for your Windsor car insurance
Kanetix.ca takes the chore out of shopping for car insurance if you’re in Windsor. Finding a good rate doesn’t have to be a painstaking process. It takes only a few minutes to complete our simple online quote form. From there, we’ll compare the market – over 50 insurance providers across Ontario – and provide you with a range of quotes to choose from, based on your driver profile.
Traditionally, drivers looking for auto insurance would have to call each insurer for a quote. Not only does Kanetix.ca make getting car insurance easy, but we find you the best rates too. Windsor residents can save money on auto insurance by simply by comparing quotes on Kanetix.ca. In fact, drivers in the Windsor area who shopped their rate at Kanetix.ca reportedly saved an average of $610 on their policies.
Since we compare the majority of the Ontario market, you can trust that the quote you receive from Kanetix.ca is the lowest available for your vehicle in Windsor. And to top it all off, our quoter is absolutely free to use! There’s no reason why you shouldn’t shop around for car insurance at Kanetix.ca, especially when you’ll more than likely save on your coverage.
The following are some of the key factors in setting your insurance premium:
- The type of vehicle you drive
- Your driving and insurance history
- Where you live and the length of your commute
- Any other drivers on your policy
- Discounts you may qualify for
As most people may know, the type of vehicle you drive plays a huge role in the price you pay for car insurance. Vehicles that are more expensive to repair or have statistically high theft rates will most likely cost more to insure.
This is why Windsor drivers should consider the price of insurance, or at least take a look at Insurance Bureau of Canada’s annual list of the most stolen cars in Canada, before committing to a new vehicle.
Fortunately, the vehicles that Windsor drivers reportedly drive the most (based on quotes completed on Kanetix.ca over the last year), didn’t make the last list. In fact, the Ram pickup truck – a Windsor favourite – was recently voted Best Pickup Truck according to the Automobile Journalists Association of Canada Best New Vehicles list. It was also the second most-sold pickup truck in 2017 in Canada.
Here are the 10 most driven cars in the Windsor area:
- Honda Civic
- Ford Focus
- Dodge Grand Caravan
- Dodge Ram
- Chevrolet Cruze
- Ford Escape
- Toyota Corolla
- Ford Fusion
- Dodge Journey
- Hyundai Elantra
We looked into auto insurance quotes completed on Kanetix.ca and discovered a few things about drivers in Windsor.
Did you know?
- Windsor drivers reportedly have an average daily work commute of 11.6 km. And according to recent census data, Windsor residents also have an average work commute time of just under 19 minutes, one-way. That being said, it seems like many Windsor residents work close to home, which could lead to lower auto insurance rates. Comparatively, this average is 28 per cent lower than the national one-way commute time.
- Only 90 per cent of Windsor drivers claimed to have winter tires, compared to over 95 per cent of drivers in Ontario as a whole.
- About 11 per cent of Windsor drivers claimed they received a traffic ticket in the last three years.
- Almost 24 per cent of Windsor drivers claimed they’ve been in a collision.
Windsor drivers know that a great rate starts with us
How to lower your car insurance rate if you’re in Windsor
There are some things you can do to save on your car insurance, but not all factors are within your control. In Ontario, auto insurance rates are regulated by the Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO), which processes all rate change requests from insurers. FSCO announces any rate changes quarterly, and from time-to-time, rates do go up. Insurers request rate increases sometimes because they’ve received a number of expensive claims that need to be paid out. And while you personally can’t do anything about rate changes approved by FSCO, Windsor drivers should counteract by shopping around when rates go up in Ontario. Car insurance shouldn’t be one of those things you look at once when you first buy your vehicle, but instead requires an annual shop-around to ensure you’re always getting the best deal. To keep up with the ongoing rate changes, make sure you compare quotes from the over 50 insurance providers at Kanetix.ca every time rates change, or at minimum, when you’re getting ready to renew your policy.
Here are some other ways to ensure you’re getting the cheapest rate for your Windsor car insurance:
- Ask about discounts. The most common insurance discounts are multi-vehicle discounts, multi-line (or bundle) discounts, and winter tire discounts. But there are many other discounts, such as good student discounts, low mileage discounts, and retiree discounts that you could qualify for too. Talk to your insurance company about the discounts offered in Windsor to lower your rate.
- Regularly review your policy to see if there are any coverages you may no longer need. For example, if you drive an older vehicle, you may decide that you no longer need collision or comprehensive coverages.
- You may also want to make changes to your deductible, depending on your circumstances. If you’re sure that you’re in the position to cover the costs of a potential claim, raising your deductible can actually save you a lot of money since it takes some of the financial responsibility off of your insurer.
Not ready to shop for insurance today?Set a renewal reminder and we'll let you know when it's time to save.
Ontario Car Insurance Rates Are Increasing (Again)
Apr 16, 2019
According to the Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO), car insurance rates for many Ontario drivers will be going up at renewal. See how much your rates could be going up the next time you get your renewal documents.
Ontario Car Insurance: Everything You Need to Know about Changes in the Provincial Budget
Apr 15, 2019
The recently tabled Ontario provincial budget sees big changes across the board for drivers in Canada's most populous province. Learn about the changes and how they may affect you.
Gas Prices Driving You to Walk? Fuel Savings Tips
Apr 1, 2019
Gas prices have increased, Canada-wide, since the start of the year and who knows when they'll come back down. Pinched at the pump, Canadians more than ever, are looking for ways to save on two of their least favourite car costs: gas and car insurance.