The Volkswagen Golf Alltrack named Canadian Car of the Year and the Subaru Forester named Canadian Utility Vehicle of the Year by the Automobile Journalists Association of Canada (AJAC).
At February's auto show in Toronto, the Automobile Journalists Association of Canada (AJAC), announced their pick for this year's Canadian Car of the Year and Canadian Utility Vehicle of the Year: the Volkswagen Golf Alltrack and the Subaru Forester, respectively.
Both vehicles competed for the top honours after being picked as one of the eight "Best New" vehicles in Canada in 2017.
2017's "Best New" vehicles
After putting the vehicles through a thorough testing program, more than 60 automotive journalists voted on the best vehicle in eight categories. From this list, the winners of the Canadian Car of the Year and the Canadian Utility Vehicle of the Year were selected:
- Best New Small Car—Hyundai Elantra (one of Canada's top selling cars last year)
- Best New Large Car—Volkswagen Golf Alltrack
- Best New Large Premium Car—Buick LaCrosse
- Best New Sports/Performance Car—Hyundai Elantra Sport
- Best New Premium Sports/Performance Car—BMW M2
- Best New Small Utility—Subaru Forester
- Best New Large Utility—Chrysler Pacifica
- Best New Premium Utility Vehicle—Mercedes-Benz GLC (GLC 300 4MATIC)
Last year's Canadian Car of the Year winner was the Honda Civic Sedan, while the Mazda CX-3 took top honours for the Canadian Utility Vehicle of the Year.
Picked your own winner? Compare auto insurance rates today
If you're planning on buying a new vehicle, your current insurer may no longer offer you the best rate with your new set of wheels. Compare quotes at Kanetix.ca to ensure you are getting the best price for your auto insurance coverage. No one else covers as much of the market as we do; we make it quick and easy for you to get quotes and your coverage from the top providers all in one place. Compare today to save.
Still haven't found what you're looking for?